Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Sappy Love Post


Isn't he such a cutie?!? 

So I am definitely not a fan of all the sappy love posts going around on Facebook. It drive me absolutely nuts, and it seems like everyone does it. But today, I just have to rave about my amazing husband and this blog gives me much more room than any Facebook status would.

I have been blessed to have the most incredible best friend/spouse anyone could ask for. He is so concerned about me and takes such wonderful care of me. The other day I had an intense headache. He let me just relax while he said he would take care of everything. Everyone that knows me, knows that I have a controlling and uptight personality. If you have ever seen Modern Family, I am Claire to a T. Dillon just smiles and puts up with everything that I say, and even on Saturdays he asks me what chores he wants me to have him do.

This boy is perfect for me. He is the greatest blessing in my life. He makes me laugh and smile every single day. He listens to me and actually shows interest in my work and extra-curricular activities. He tells me that he loves me constantly and his energy is exactly what I need to make my controlling demeanor lighten up a little bit. He is exactly how I want my sons to be.

This morning as I was getting ready, I thought a lot about how my life would be drastically different if I never moved to Tremonton. I thought about all my friends I never would have met, I probably wouldn't have gone to USU and had all those amazing experiences and I'd probably be living a more focused career path. But, the thing that hit me the most is knowing that I probably wouldn't be married to this guy, and that actually hit me pretty hard. I love him and I can't imagine life without him.

I am one lucky girl that is for sure. Even though I tease him all the time that he is my little 5-year-old, he is the best person for me. I am so grateful for him and his witty, charming and adorable ways. It's just sad that I got the better end of the deal here.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are too cute! I'm so happy to hear that you are happy. We sure do miss you guys. Thanks for keeping a blog so that we can have a glimpse of what is going on. Love you guys!

    P.S. I would have never said that you have a controlling and uptight personality, honestly. It never showed when we were roommates. :)

    ReplyDelete