So if you asked me six months ago if I ever thought I would be writing this blog post, I would have told you that you were crazy. It would never happen. But after much discouragement, tears and many many priesthood blessings, it finally happened.
We are having a baby!
I am now 17 weeks along and our due date is March 3. We found out I was expecting back in June. I was really sick and couldn't figure out why. I was experiencing almost all of the pregnancy symptoms but I took three pregnancy tests over the course of two weeks and they all came back negative. I was pretty discouraged and even more frustrated because we had no idea what was wrong with me.
One night, Dillon and I went to the gym and I hopped on the treadmill to do my regular training for my upcoming half marathon. I only made it half a mile when I got extremely dizzy, lightheaded and thought I was going to faint. I stopped and had a hard time breathing. Dillon took me right home, put me to bed and gave me a blessing. I remember crying for hours because I had no idea what was going on and I was so frustrated with my body.
That next morning I called my nurse. I told her I was experiencing these symptoms but all of my tests came back negative. She told me to come in and get some tests done to see exactly what was going on. Sure enough, the tests came back positive. She called me first thing the next morning and gave me the good news. However, they were concerned because my progesterone levels were VERY low and they were worried about miscarriage. They put me on progesterone pills, hoping that my levels would increase. Unfortunately, the pills also made me extremely sick. They intensified my symptoms, which made a very very hard few weeks.
I ended up going to the doctor every week to get an ultrasound to check the baby. At times, the appointments were very discouraging. We couldn't find the heartbeat, we couldn't find the baby, the baby was too small, but things always turned up OK. With all of the problem, my due date did change. It started as Feb. 14, moved to Feb. 21, then to March 7 and now back to March 3. It has been a roller coaster ride that Dillon and I ridden with a smile and hope, but also a little fear.
We kept the baby quiet for a long time and didn't let anyone know in case things did take a turn for the worst. But, after a few weeks of being in the clear, we told our family and anyone else. Plus, I'm starting to get a little chubby and I can't hide it much anymore.
So, if you can believe it, I'm going to be a mommy. Crazy huh? March can't come soon enough. We find out in 2-3 weeks what the gender is and I'm counting down the days for that adventure.
CONGRATULATIONS! What wonderful news!
ReplyDeleteYay!!! Congratulations! We are so excited for you! And I am so happy to hear this after all the talks that we had and how nervous you were about getting pregnant and how all that would work out. Court, I am so happy for you! You are in our thoughts and prayers for a healthy pregnancy, as well as mommy and baby!
ReplyDelete