So Dillon and I have a lot of things in common. We both love watching Modern Family, eating Tostados and taking naps. You would think we would be a perfect match, except for one thing: our love of the snow. Dillon loves snow. This is his favorite time of year when there is lots of snow on the ground and he can go snowmobiling. I absolutely hate it. Yes, it is pretty and gives us the moisture we need. But I HATE driving in it and having to scrape off my windshield every morning.
For the past few months, Dillon has been praying for snow. He has wanted it desperately so he can, as he likes to call it, get rid of his itch for speed. He wants to go snowmobiling. When I pray, I pray for sunshine and clear skies for all who are traveling and those of us who suffer from SADS. I am just thinking of others.
Yesterday, all of our winter snow decided to hit us at once. Dillon was excited because it was snow but bummed because the roads were so bad that we couldn't go to Salt Lake and see some of our friends. I was extremely bummed because I wanted to go and play. I was also cussing the snow this morning pretty badly as it took me 15 minutes just to scrap enough ice and snow off my car that I could drive to church. It was awful.
But overall, I'm glad that Dillon and I decided to stay home. My dear friend Jen posted this on her Facebook wall yesterday of the roads in Bountiful. This confirmed my hatred of driving in terrible weather. I'm terrified of those crazies who think they can handle the snow on the road. I'm also terrified of losing control myself. This video shows some drivers who lost control last night. And look at the statistics about yesterday's storm. Kinda freaky.
Awe, am I the dear friend Jen?! :0) You guys were smart to stay home. You put it so well with Being terrified of those crazies on the road. People are mad sometimes! And I agree with you... Scraping ice of the windshields is the worst (except I thought that was a perk of having a husband... Dillon... ;0)...!)! Snow should stay in the mountains only for skiing and snowmobiling :0)
ReplyDelete