Sunday, March 11, 2012

It's Training Season!

So it is official! The weather has finally turned somewhat warm and that means I can finally run outside and begin my half marathon training! Within the past week or so, I've registered for two half marathons, which I am very excited about. I'm running one with one of my closest friends from college, Tazya, and the other with my adorable sister-in-law Katie.

I've been running all winter long but nothing too serious. I wanted to do a half marathon but had a bunch of other plans in mind. Then, I finally figured I better just sign up. The other plans won't happen so why not just get going. So, here I am, only a week into my "official" training and feeling great.

Yesterday, I ran my first long run and it was great. I beat the time I wanted but near the end got frustrated because my pants kept sliding down so it became not only very frustrating but very annoying as well. My training plans go for 12 weeks, and even though my first half isn't until July, that still gives me a good amount of time to do several long runs. Plus, I have plans to throw a 10K before July somewhere.

I'm very excited and can't wait to get out and see how well I actually do. This is going to be an exciting adventure that I can't wait to accomplish!

1 comment:

  1. You'll do awesome Court!! That is a huge goal and a huge accomplishment! Just remember to make sure that your Ipod actually charged over night before your race and isn't dead and eat a really good dinner as well. It makes for a much more pleasant experience :) I sure do love you!! Looks like you are doing well and that makes me very very happy.

    ReplyDelete