Sunday, July 15, 2012

Family Vaca!

This past week we headed down to Southern Utah with Dillon's immediate family for a little family vacation. We rented a small cabin a few miles outside of Glendale and stayed there for four nights. We went fishing at Tropic Reservoir, hiked in Red Canyon, hiked in Bryce Canyon and ate lots and lots of delicious food. It was a lot of fun to be together even though it did rain on us quite a bit and the fog was awful in Bryce so we didn't get to see too much. Dillon's sister Katie ran the Bryce Canyon half marathon while we were there and it was fun to see that.

I love that area around Bryce Canyon and think it is so beautiful. We had a terrific time and I can't wait to go back down there again soon.

 A view of a few hoodoos in Red Canyon.
 Some of the family before a hike in Red Canyon.
 Hiking in Red Canyon.
 My little rock climber. Dillon climbed some pretty impressive rocks in Red Canyon.
 I think these red rocks are so gorgeous so I had to capture a shot.
 Dillon didn't even cast and he caught his first little fish at Tropic Reservoir. 
 The same thing happened again. He just barely removed the other fish and this small thing hooked on. They were so tiny and so eager for Dillon's flies. 
 Dillon was finally able to cast and I got this great picture of him. I love it because you can see how beautiful it was there on the lake and the entire line in the air. 
 I know, lots of pics of Dillon fishing, but I just think he is so cute!
 Dillon caught himself a decent sized fish and as he was coming to shore to show the kids, he slipped on a rock, the line broke and he lost the fish and his fly. I caught this pic right as he tripped. 
 This is Dillon's sad face with his lost line. Poor boy.
It was SO foggy that you couldn't see much of Bryce but we went to one lookout where you could see a little bit. This is all we could see. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like tons of fun!!!! What a trip! I can't wait because in one month I will be living down there and we can do fun things with you guys all the time!!! HURRAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete