Sunday, July 8, 2012

Ridin' Down the River

Since I am in the Young Women's organization in my ward, I had the privilege of going with the youth in our ward to youth conference. This year, we went up to Jackson Hole, WY and went white water rafting. We had an absolute blast with all of the activities we did from Bar J Wranglers, rafting, the Alpine Slide, touring Jackson and just hanging out at camp.

I didn't get to ride on the river with the youth, but I did get to follow them down the river and capture pictures of them. It was fun to hear them whooping and hollering as they rode down and I loved to see their faces. We had no injuries on the river, even though we had several fall out and a raft flip.

Working with the youth is such a fun and satisfying calling. It is so much fun to hear and feel the testimonies these teenagers have and it is so rewarding to be a part of their lives. The youth in my ward are exceptional and I love them all. They are all wonderful kids who, if they continue down the right path and make right choices, they will be amazing leaders one day.

Anyways, enough about my rant, below are a few pictures that I captured of the trip. I wish I could put the hundreds of pictures I got, but here are just a few of my favorites.

We were less than an hour away and a tire blew on the trailer we were hauling our equipment in. Luckily, we were able to get it fixed quickly with the help of a Lou Lamb. He came to our rescue and had just what we needed.

 This is Lou's granddaughter out on his farm. Lou took us to his farm and showed us around while the trailer was getting fixed. The youth loved it.
 Here is a pic of our youth and some leaders on Lou's farm.
  Here is a pic of some of our group in their western attire in Jackson Hole.
 Some of my cute YW: Haily, Lizzie and Stephanie in their western wear.
 Dillon, Sam, Randy, Sarah and Kristen at Bar J Wranglers.
 Cam, Lizzie, Frisco and Haily waiting to get into the rafts.
 This is one of my cute beehives - Stephanie. I just love this girl and her beautiful red hair and fun smile. I love this picture of her and had to post it. 
 I stood on the top of a hill and caught this pic of the three rafts floating down the river. 
 One of the rafts saw me and stood up and said waved for the camera. 
 This is one group going down some rapids. I was up in the trees and caught this pic.
 One of the rafts paddling down the river. 
 I think this is one of my favorite pics. They all look like they are having a blast.
 That same raft paddling down the river. 
Another raft paddling down the river.
A close up of our bishop, a scout leader and young man as they are going down the river. 

Like I said, there were so many pics that I had time picking just a few, but I hope this captures just a little bit of the excitement the youth in my ward has had in recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment