Sunday, August 5, 2012

A Midnight Stroll

Tazya and I before the race. We weren't really able to get an after pic, because it was so dark.


Well, I officially did it. All of my hard work and training had paid off. On Friday, I completed my first half marathon. Yes, I ran 13.1 miles and I am definitely not a runner. But, I have been training since March, so I knew that I had plenty of practice and training behind me to finish it.

I ran the Legacy Midnight Run. I ran with my friend Tazya and this was both of our first halfs, so we didn't know what to expect, but I am so grateful that we did it. What a rush! This was such a blast and such a fun run, especially since it was at night and wasn't a qualifying race, so the run was pretty relaxing. We ran along Legacy Highway and finished at the Davis County Fairgrounds. The race started at 10 p.m., which was perfect because I hate getting up early and it was plenty cool. And because it was dark, we all had to wear glow and the dark items, which was quite the site to see. 

I was so excited when I was through because my cute hubby Dillon was at the finish line waiting for me. I was so excited to see his face and I was so grateful he was willing to sit while I ran, and especially so that he could drive me all the way back to Orem that night. 

My goal for the race wasn't to get a certain time, but to say that I ran the entire time (except while at the aid stations, because I am definitely not coordinated enough to drink and run), and I am pleased to say that I did it. Miles 10-12 was definitely the hardest for me, and I must admit, thoughts of "Court, you are crazy," were going through my mind, but it was definitely worth it. I am now addicted and I plan on doing at least one every summer. It is a great way to stay active and such a rewarding feeling.

1 comment:

  1. This is Dillon. While Courtnie was running, I had a Mtn Dew Slurpie!!

    ReplyDelete