I ran another half marathon on Saturday and it was an absolute blast! Cami and I ran the race together and I'm so glad she did it with me. We ran the Top of Utah half marathon which goes down BlackFork Smith Canyon in Cache Valley, through Nibley, Millville and ends in Providence. The race started at 7 AM so Cami and I had to get up and be out the door by 4:30 AM to catch the bus that takes us up to the starting line. And once we got up the canyon, it was pretty chilly. But by the time I was halfway through the race and out of the canyon, I was sweating like crazy because of the heat.
Whenever I run half marathons I feel great until about mile 9 or 10 and then I start to question why I ever did the race in the first place. But by the time I end, I start planning my next half marathon and how I can get even better. This half marathon was my personal best, which I was very pleased about, especially since I had to use the bathroom extremely bad at mile 3 and lost 10 or 15 minutes waiting in line.
I'm a little bummed though because this is my last half marathon for the summer. I'm not planning on running anymore until next spring. But, this just gives me plenty of time to keep going with my training and improving my time even more next year.

No comments:
Post a Comment