Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving

Besides the fact that I always gain a few pounds, I absolutely love Thanksgiving. I love spending time with family, not worrying about my calorie intake for the day and looking through Black Friday ads. This year Thanksgiving was celebrated with my side of the family and we had the festivities at my Grandpa and Grandma's home in Spanish Fork. Many of my extended family was there, as well as my immediate family. There was one small drawback this year, Dillon had to work Thanksgiving day. But he was off by 4 and we were still able to spend some time together.

This was Easton's first Thanksgiving and he really enjoyed it. He absolutely loved the whip cream and the pies, as well as the mashed potatoes and stuffing. Thanksgiving at my Grandma's house is a always a full meal. We had two turkeys, one ham, 16 (or 17) pies, potatoes, homemade noodles, stuffing, corn, sweet potato casserole, rolls, corn, cranberries, pomegranate salad and much more. And there were only  25 of us so we had oodles of food.

I love Thanksgiving and all that it entails but I also love that it means that Christmas is right around the corner!

 Easton playing with Grandpa Packer
 Easton playing with Aunt Madison
Easton having fun in the toy room with all of the cousins

No comments:

Post a Comment