Thursday, February 20, 2014

One Year Old

Today is Easton's one year birthday and I honestly can't believe it is here. This past year has been hard trying to juggle work and being a mom but I can honestly say that it has been one of the best. Easton is such as sweet little guy and I couldn't imagine life without him. Each day I look forward to taking care of him, playing with him and seeing what new thing he has learned. Easton is a mommy's boy and even though many may think that is a bad thing, I love it. I love the snuggles he gives me, his kisses and the way his face lights up when I come into the room. Here are a few things about Easton at one year old.

- Easton is a walking machine. I didn't know if he would be walking by his birthday but he certainly proved me wrong. He is all over the place and into everything (and I mean everything).
- Easton constantly babbles. He loves talking and telling Dillon and I stories. 
- He loves giving kisses. He kisses himself in the mirror, pictures and even the telephone if he can hear someone (especially his grandma) on the other end.
- He weighs 20 pounds 10 ounces and is 28 inches tall. We figure he will be a shorty and doesn't have much chance of being tall with his genes. 
- He still loves playing outside. I'm glad the weather is finally warming up because he constantly wants to go outside and play.
- Easton loves dogs and gets excited when he can hear a dog bark.
- Easton's crib is next to his bedroom door and he is getting pretty good at turning the door knob and playing with the light switch. When I hear the door open and the lights flash on and off I know he is up from his nap.
- He has finally hit that stranger danger phase. He gets shy if Dillon or I are around but if not, he screams with other people. Trying to find babysitters is a challenge because I feel so bad the entire time they watch him.
- His favorite toys are those that make noise and his balls. 
- He loves food. Any type of food. He is so funny because if we try to feed him baby food he gets upset and throws a fit.






No comments:

Post a Comment