Last week we headed to sunny California with my family. It was our first big trip with Easton and it was a success. He did so much better than I thought he would and we all had a blast. I didn't want to come home afterwards and face reality. I was enjoying my time away.
We left Orem at 4 AM Sunday morning so we could get in several hours of drive time before Easton woke up. We didn't want 10 hours of a crying baby and since we had never been on a road trip that long before, we didn't know how he would do. He slept until we reached St. George and we had breakfast at a park. This was the best idea for traveling with a wiggly toddler. This allowed him to run and play and get all of his wiggles out before we kept driving. We even stopped at another park in California for an hour or so just so he would be happy when we finally arrived at the hotel.
We spent Monday and Tuesday at Disneyland. I love Disneyland and it was so much fun to be there. Easton wasn't so sure about the rides though. He really didn't like to be confined in a car or a ride. Once the ride started, he loved it but before and after he would cry.
Wednesday we drove to San Diego and had a pretty relaxing day. We went and saw the San Diego temple, we visited Old Town and just enjoyed swimming and relaxing at the condos. We stayed at my Grandma and Grandpa's time shares so we had a nice little apartment to stay in.
Thursday we visited the San Diego Zoo. This was the first time I had ever been to the San Diego zoo and I loved it. This was one of my favorite parts of the entire trip. It was large, the animals were out and moving and it was easy to just push Easton around in the stroller and he loved looking at everything. The zoo was definitely a success.
Friday, we went and toured the USS Midway and went to the beach. At first, Easton wasn't so sure about the beach. He couldn't quite figure out how to walk in the sand and he was a little nervous about the water. By the end, he was a completely different child. He was rolling around in it, throwing it all over his body and more. He was cracking me up. He had sand everywhere too. In fact, I still find sand in his ears when I clean them. I was even able to get Dillon out in the water for a bit with me. He wasn't so sure about it and wouldn't go far but we had some success. (Dillon is afraid of sharks and hates the ocean. Even shallow water scares him).
Saturday we went to SeaWorld and got ready to come home. Sunday we made the long drive back and went from sunny weather to driving through snow. I definitely wanted to head back to California. It was such a fun trip though and I'm glad I got to be with family. That made the trip even that much better.
 |
| Easton on the Carousel. |
 |
| Easton and Aunt Darci at Disneyland. |
 |
| My little family at the San Diego Temple. |
 |
| Easton at the zoo. |
 |
| Easton rockin his Aunt's shades. |
 |
| Easton and Dillon in an airplane on the USS Midway. |
 |
| Easton and Dillon working on a sand castle. |
 |
| Easton absolutely loved the sand. |
 |
| Aunt Darci, Aunt Madison and Easton before the Shamu show at Seaworld. |
No comments:
Post a Comment