We are officially moved in and living in Moscow Idaho. It is so good to finally be up here and get settled. I have felt like the past weeks have been such a crazy time and so hectic. I cannot wait to finally have every little last detailed worked out and taken care of so we don’t have anything else to worry about. It has also been so hard getting everything ready before and after the move with Easton. Here is kind of how the run down went this past week. (Sorry this is so detailed. It is part of my journal regarding this hectic week)
Monday: This day was spent packing and trying to get every last detail figured out. Luckily, Dillon didn’t have to work so he was able to keep Easton out of my hair for a bit. However, he spent most of his day getting the vehicles ready for our long trip (oil changes, cleaning, etc.) I still had to work though and had a lot to do to get things taken care of before our trip.
Tuesday: This was the loading day. I spent the morning and afternoon trying to get everything ready for the loading truck. Although, I was completely spent. I was so tired and I could barely do anything or wanted to do anything. I had been on my feet for days packing and so I simply wanted to lay down and sleep for a bit, but I couldn’t.
Around 3:30, we went to my aunt and uncle's house and packed my piano. They gave me their piano that they didn’t want anymore and I was completely thrilled. It is a pain to move it but I couldn’t have been happier. We met my parents at my aunt and uncle's house after they went to pick up the cargo trailer which we used to pack. Once we received that, we loaded it up. We weren’t planning on loading everything Tuesday night but Dad had the state surveyors show up at the hospital so he needed to get back as soon as possible. We were all done loading the trailer around 7:30 and we started around 4:30 with a few breaks in between. We also had some help from our old ward loading some of the larger items so that was very nice. After the truck was loaded, we went down to Grandpa and Grandma Hunt’s house in Spanish Fork. Dad went back home for the night.
Wednesday: We woke up and Grandma made us a big breakfast. Cami and Kennadi came over and said goodbye and had breakfast. I was sad to leave Kennadi. I will sure miss that little girl. After we said our goodbyes, we went back to our old apartment to clean. Cleaning was actually a really quick process, which was good. I am so grateful mom came to help me. It made the actual cleaning go by so much faster.
We drove to Tremonton and Dillon and I had eye doctor appointments. After the eye doctor we went to Fielding and had some family pictures taken with Dillon’s family. We then went to Beaver Dam for the night to spend the time with Dillon’s family. It was good to spend some time with them since we don’t see them very often and we really won’t now that we live so far away. Darci and Britten also came over for a few minutes that night to say goodbye. They were only there for a minute but it was good to see them.
Thursday: Thursday started out WAY to early. Easton woke up at 3:30 ready to go. We tried to get him back to sleep but he wouldn’t have it. Dillon finally took him down to his parents who watched him for a bit while I slept for a bit longer and then finally got ready. We left Beaver Dam around 5:30 a.m. and picked up my mom. We then took off and began our 11 hour journey.
The drive wasn’t too bad and Easton was actually very good throughout the entire drive. When we were only about 30 minutes outside of Moscow, he started getting fussy. We took the Montana route to Moscow. I’ve never been that way and it was gorgeous. It was a really pretty drive and fun. It was also nice having mom with me so I at least had someone to talk to and help me take care of Easton. We stopped in Dillon, Missoula and Coeur D’Alene to give Easton breaks and get gas. We arrived in Moscow around 6 Pacific Time. We ate dinner, walked around campus and then went to bed. We stayed at a hotel that night since we couldn’t go to our apartment until the next day.
Friday: We hung around the hotel until around 9 and then Dillon and I went to go pick up the keys. We are renting from a property management company and so we had to wait until they were opened to get the keys. Once we had them in our hands, we went right to the apartment and moved in. I was so excited to move in and get things organized but there is no way I could have moved in without the help of Dillon and Dad. They were lifesavers. Mom was also a huge help so I could move things and she would watch Easton. We were all moved in by one and we were able to go have lunch. After lunch, we headed back to the apartment and started unpacking. Dad and Dillon took care of the furniture and taking down boxes while mom and I worked on unpacking boxes. By dinner time, we had a good chunk of everything unpacked. It was wonderful.
We still had to bring up the piano but that turned out to be an answer to prayers. We were going to call the bishop of our ward but Dillon just posted in his law school class' Facebook page that he needed help moving a piano. Well, three guys volunteered to help and they were all LDS! All of them had wives and one of them had two little boys, one around Easton’s age. In fact, they are all in our ward and I love all of them. We have been able to get together and meet and we have a blast together. I'm so excited to have friends in my same situation!
By Saturday we were pretty much unpacked and settled in. Since then, it has been a lot of the tiny details such as getting the internet set up, I shampooed the carpet again since I have a boy and didn't know how well they were done before and getting all of the residency requirements taken care of. So far, it has been a success. Tomorrow Dillon starts. Pray that he has a good day!
Keeping Easton in boxes and totes while watching Curious George on our smartphones was the easiest way to keep him out of everything while we were packing. He thought he was pretty cool sitting in the boxes.
No comments:
Post a Comment